Collection of Clean, Useful Industrial Discards
Do you ever have bins and skips full of materials that are too good to waste?
Why not see if Reverse Garbage Queensland can collect your industrial and commercial discards and make them available to the community for reuse? Contact us (if you're in the Brisbane area) to find out!
How Does It Work?
First we need to get an idea of the kinds of materials you are currently throwing out. We might come out to do an inspection or ask you to send photographs.
If we think we can find a new home for your discards we will provide you with one of our bins (240L wheelie bin) to fill with pre-approved materials. Reverse Garbage Queensland can collect on a regular or irregular basis depending on the quantity of useful discards you produce.
We can also arrange one off pickups. As we have to sight everything before we agree to take it, please give us plenty of notice so this can be arranged around our regular truck runs.
Is There A Cost?
Our discards collection service is free of charge, helping you save on your disposal costs. We reserve the right to refuse any materials, especially bins that have been contaminated with general waste. We are not your average rubbish removal service!
What Happens To The Materials?
We bring the materials back to our warehouse in Woolloongabba, sort them and sell them direct to the public for use in art and craft projects, home and garden improvements and anything else our ingenious customers come up with!
Who Benefits From Your Donated Waste?
- You do! We reduce your disposal costs.
- The environment does! Every item we sell reduces the materials going to landfill and demand for new natural resources – that's a double win for the environment!
- The community does! We provide affordable materials for schools, community groups and individuals to get creative while helping the planet. We also promote and support the arts through our gift shop, exhibitions and providing low-cost materials to students and artists.
- Reverse Garbage Queensland does! Reverse Garbage Queensland employs over ten people and is an example of a socially and environmentally sustainable business that can balance the books too.
- Friends of the Earth does! Reverse Garbage Queensland supports the work of Friends of the Earth-Brisbane through in-kind donation of office space and materials.
Is There Anything Reverse Garbage Doesn't Take?
Unfortunately there are a number of things we cannot take including:
- MDF and chipboard
- Ring binders and suspension files
- Photocopiers and fax machines
- Large household electrical appliances (such as stoves and microwaves, fridges, clothes dryers and washing machines)
- Small household electrical appliances (such as toasters, irons, coffee makers and hair dryers)
- Stereos and cassette tape players (unless vintage)
- Answering machines, TVs, VHS and DVD players
- Old light fittings (unless vintage or arty)
- Incandescent light bulbs
- Used hats, bags, clothing and footwear
- Kitchenware (such as crockery, saucepans and plastic containers)
- Electrical goods (such as computers, printers, monitors and scanners)
- Beds and mattresses
- Used sheets, doona covers, towels and pillows
- Large items of furniture (such as lounge suites)
- Broken or damaged furtniture (unless very vintage and repairable)
- Large office desks
- Stuffed toys (unless donated new)
- Polystyrene packaging (the moulded shapes that fit around items)
- Packing peanuts made from organic material
- Paint, varnish etc that has been opened (or is past its use by date)
- Used cardboard boxes (such as fruit boxes)
- Aluminium windows
- Venetian blinds (unless wooden), second-hand curtains and holland blinds
- Gossip, trashy or sleazy magazines
- Used greeting cards
- Old office stationery (such as pamphlets, leaflets, fact sheets and letterheads)
- Disc boxes
- Homemade cassette and videotapes
- Used plastic and paper shopping bags
- Shredded paper
- Treated timber (unless treated with boron gas)
- Very dirty, dusty, rotted or eaten timbers or timber that requires much denailing
- Small unusable fabric scraps or fabric that is mouldy or smelling of moth balls (napthaline)
- Containers that have contained food or chemicals
- Toilet roll centres and other domestic packaging including used xmas paper and used paper bags
- Misc household cables and elecrical fittings
- Misc household bric a brac and junk (mobile phones, used toys, gizmos etc)
- Anything on the regulated waste lis t
Please contact us before you drop anything around. Your local op shop, tip shop or recycler may accept some things that we cannot.
Do you have a Reverse Garbage Queensland bin that needs collecting? Please contact us to let us know!